Korea Tourism Organization, a South Korean government organization, will organize Korean Startup Showcase 2022 Singapore on October 24-28, 2022. The startups will get the opportunity to network with global VCs during the 4-day program.
The program is being organized to help Korean startups showcase their innovation and services to a wider audience, raise funding and expand to overseas markets.
The program will have the following events to support the startups:
- Mentoring – Investors will guide the startups regarding various aspects such as marketing, branding, sales, and expanding to the global market
- VC meetings – The startups will meet some of the biggest VCs in Singapore
- Startup Demo Day – The startups will get the opportunity to present their service and product to potential investors on the demo day.
Singapore is ranked 17th in the world and 4th in Asia for its startup ecosystem. Singapore and South Korea have strong bilateral relations in the tourism sector. The Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and KTO have set up a Korea Tourism Startup Center(KTSC) in Singapore in 2022 to help tourism startups to create more opportunities in Singapore and Southeast Asia. Since 2011, KTO has accelerated more than 1,000 startups over the past 12 years, and in the last 3 years, has worked to develop the startups into innovative tourism companies through a specialized program for global market expansion.
The startups participating in the showcase:
|Company Name||Equity Capital Raised(USD) so far||Current Investor Lists||Short Description||Traction|
|Seoul Unniedeul||2018||USD 5.9 Mil||1. Lotte ventures|
2. cnt tech
3. the invention lab
|Helping K-beauty lovers in Southeast Asia to find reliable products||We are the #1 K-beauty content platform in Myanmar with over 40 K-beauty brands and 1.1M followers on social media.|
|Globaleur||2017||USD 3 Mil||1. SeaX Ventures|
2. KNET Investment Partners
3. Big Basin Capital
4. Primer Sazze Partners
|Globaleur works with global airlines, hotel chains, TMCs, OTAs, and tourism boards with our innovating AI-driven itinerary recommendation and optimization engine. |
We also work with global suppliers and provide GDS-based flights, hotels, tours & activities that cover more than 20,000 cities worldwide.
We currently operate out of USA, Singapore, and Seoul, and have industry leaders as our customers such as Thai Airways, Royal Air Maroc, KB Financial Group, Seoul Tourism Organization, etc.
1. National IT Industry Promotion Agency South Korea Finalist - November 2020
|Vestellalab||2018||USD 1.7 Mil|
|VEStellaLab developed 'Watchmile' last-mile navigation that provides real-time available parking spaces information and recommends optimal parking space for a driver(user) and guide him/her to the recommended parking space even indoor. It helps drivers reducing time and stress from cruising in parking lot to park.||Revenue growth doubles every year|
|wmclub||2017||USD 516,000||1. Infobank |
2. CnT Tech
3. Korea Credit Guarantee Fund
|A service that matches functional shoes and insoles that fit customers' feet, Working Master has entered online offline channels such as Lotte, Shinsegae, Hyundai, and CJ in one year since its foundation, and has accumulated sales of 3 billion won and expanded services for healthy feet of customers.||1. Accumulated sales of KRW 3 billion |
2. 100,000 customer-initiated data
3. Entered various online and offline channels such as Lotte, Shinsegae, Hyundai, CJ, etc
4. Launch of 18 product lineups to fit the customer's feet (extended to recent shoes)
5. Venture Business certification
6. Technolgy Venture Certification
|Gleam Media Group INC.||2016||USD 140,000||Danal Ventures||1. Starplay Application Launched in 145 Countries. |
2. Secured 7.5 million K-POP fans worldwide.
3. Total and analysis of 55 million voting data per week.
4. Completed the construction of its own content delivery service.
5. Tourism-linked products and collaboration products can be sold.
1. 2018 Demo Launches 300,000 Users in 1 Month
2. 1 million users in 1 month after launching full version of 2019
3. Achieve 2.5 million users in 2020
4. Reached 6.9 million users in 2021
5. 73.5 million users as of 2022
|Enkorwithus||2020||USD 100,000||Angel investors||We developed a residential service for foreigners visiting Korea. More than 3 million foreigners have lived in Korea for more than 1 month, but there is no convenient housing service for them to use easily. |
We run and manage 162 rooms in Seoul. Our service Enkor Stay is easy to search, find listings and pay with an oversea card. We plan to develop our service into an O2O platform that connects long-term stay guests with hosts in Korea.We want to become Airbnb of the long-term lodging and housing field
|1. 2020: annual sales 0.7 mil |
2. 2021: annual sales 1.5 mil
3. 2021: 59,000 visitors
|WeAreFriends Co., ltd.||2018||USD 47,847|
|Developed an online world travel app "TriPriend" under the slogan of "Make Friends Wherever You Go." TriPriend connects locals with future travelers based on 400,000 user network from 180 countries.|
Users learn other cultures from the communication with other users. The HQ and R&D center is located in Seoul since 2018 and there are 15 people in the organization.
1. 2018 Venture Business certification(Extended in 2020)
2. 38,000 USD Seed investment in 2018
3. 2021 annual sale 244,500 USD which was 180% higher than 2020
4. Selected for 5 R&D projects(Total 920,000 USD)
5. Certificate of technical achievement in "SW solution," T4 degree in 2021
6. 191,000 USD Post-Seed investment from 3 funds in 2022
Korean Startup Showcase 2022 Singapore Pitching sessions:
2 pitching sessions are being organized as part of the showcase on October 26th, 2022 and October 27th, 2022. Investors interested in attending the pitching sessions can sign up for any of the 2 events:
Pitching session on October 26th, 2022, Wednesday from 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM at Yuen Law LLC Office, 50 South Bridge Road #03-00/#04-00, S058682
Pitching session on October 27th, 2022, Thursday from 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM at Gunderson Dettmer Singapore LLP Office, 1 Wallich Street #37-03 Guoco Tower, Singapore, 078881
Sign up for pitching sessions using this form: