The five-week Seminar ‘Global expansion seminar’ started on September 2 with nine Korean startups participating. This seminar is a special part of the program ‘2021 Tourism Startup Global Challenge with. CNTTech’ organized by Korea Tourism Organization. The seminar aims to prepare the early-stage startups for overseas expansion. Startups will learn to establish strategies for advancement, create meaningful IR decks, and practice pitching in English. The seminar is organized online from September 2 to 30, 2021.
Learning about sales matrix and LinkedIn Connections
The first session of the ‘Korea Tourism Organization Tourism Global Challenge 2021’ was about Sales& Distribution and the advantages of social media communications, especially LinkedIn.
The session was led by Aaron Everhart, Country lead, Vietnam at Draper Startup House and Stephen Stromsoe, Founder at Stromsoe Consulting. Aaron Everhart talked about sales and distribution, the link between the two, retailers & wholesalers interrelations, post-sales experience, customer experiences, competitive edge, etc. Aaron showcased various examples and encouraged the startup founders to interact about the topic. He also covered the topic of Sales Matrix and how to measure it.
Stephen Stromsoe covered optimization of LinkedIn for forming connections, finding target audience, the right niche, connecting with investors, etc. He demonstrated the ways to use LinkedIn with appropriate filters so as to find the right audience for the particular business. In the second half of the first session few of the startups presented their IR Decks regarding sales and distribution and got feedback from the mentors. The second session for the Korea Tourism Organization Tourism Global Challenge 2021 program will be about online marketing in the SEA market, which will be held online on September 9.
The startups, which are participating in the ‘Korea Tourism Organization Tourism Global Challenge 2021’ are as follows:
- Gleam Media Group INC.: The startup operates the StarPlay service, which was started in 2019. It is a platform that currently has 5 million users of global K-pop fans. StarPlay, which started with a voting system and advertising service for K-pop artists, is now expanding into its own content and vertical shopping mall system.
- POPPINGCAR Co. Ltd: The startup provides a basic service concept to utilize the exterior of the car sharing vehicle as a billboard to lower rental costs. It provides users with a low price and advertisers with mobile billboards. The service is provided to customers at one-third of the daily-rate price of the competitor.
- THE SWING Co., Ltd: It is the largest electric scooter sharing service, deploying 25,000 electric scooters in Korea.
- BRUSH Theatre LLC: The startup creates values for people to embrace culture and arts in their daily lives. BRUSH Theatre provides new original contents for audiences at any age, such as Immersive Theatre, Musicals and new forms of art.
- Seoul Unniedeul The startup has established one of the first K-beauty commerce platform, Star Secret Korea (SSK), in Myanmar. SSK’s audience base can enjoy various K-beauty content and upcoming beauty product reviews curated by professional Korean and Myanmar beauty editors. Customers can also reliably purchase products customized to suit their skin needs through 1:1 consultation services provided by SSK’s online admin.
- AMP Inc –Amp provides services for global K-Pop fans. It is based on the open market trend where fan-made goods are traded. AMP is running an all-in-one platform Duckzill that includes services such as delivery, logistics, and CS.
- Hotsunny co.,ltd : The startup has developed a solution to help self-guided travelers find places to travel without knowing any names. Its platform CoolP shows things to do at travel sights with short personal videos shared by travelers, easily sorted by places and activites. Users can pick a place or an activity and flip through videos to see what they can do there and also get information of the name and location of the place.
- Jienem is one of the largest accommodation distributor in Korea, partnering more than 1,700 mid-size accommodations, Jienem recently launched the new service, UNBOUNDI, a brand & contents franchise platform for hotels to customers, providing reliable services and staycation packages.
- Travelai Co. Ltd: The startup has developed a platform for local creators to leverage their talents and locations to provide unique experiences that can only be obtained at their destinations. Various creators can create content and sell talent and travel/leisure products online and offline through the platform.