South Korea’s first developers conference focussed on blockchain + technology and recruitment – ‘the 2018 DEVCON Korea’ is to be held from December 3 to December 5, 2018 in Seoul at The Shilla Hotel.
The conference is going to be an exciting opportunity for all developers, designers, engineers, product managers, project managers and even students. The conference will be a chance to learn and upgrade knowledge about development in blockchain technology. The developers, designers and students can connect with leading university blockchain labs and figure out how they can achieve their personal goals with the support from the labs.
Top blockchain projects will be showcased and one can meet some of the best talents in the blockchain technology at the exhibition booths in the conference. The participants can look forward to some enriching mentorship and even promising recruitment opportunities at the conference.
Events for networking and mentorship
The three-day event aims to connect top class projects, technical thought leaders, university students together for both learning and opportunity. The first two days are ‘Growth Days’ dedicated to mentorship, networking and recruitment. The third day is the ‘workshop’ day.
Apart from the general exhibition and conference, there are two private events at the DEVCON – one on December 3rd for Sponsors, Speakers and Select Attendees for intimate networking, and second on December 5th night hosted specially for celebrities, government officials and corporate executives. On December 5th, the day is dedicated to workshops, where participant can network with super heroic developers and attend well-crafted workshop sessions led by Ethereum, HyperLedger and R3 Corda.
Participants & Prominent Speakers
The event expects to host over ten global Blockchain Companies, over 10 Universities and 500 developers. There is an estimate of over 1500 attendees overall, including more than 500 students and over 30 speakers and experts. Some of the prominent speakers, who have confirmed their presence are:
- Daniel Peled, Co-founder at PayKey, an Israeli FinTech startup and a veteran member of the Israeli Bitcoin community,
- Uriel Peled, a key advisor for several notable crypto projects and was named one of Israel’s top 25 blockchain influencers,
- Daniel Shin, the founder and former CEO of Korea’s leading e-commerce platform TicketMonster,
- Yo Sub Kwon, Co-Founder and CEO of leading blockchain security company – Hosho,
- Josh Fraser, Co-Founder of Origin Protocol, a San Francisco based blockchain company,
- Jeffrey Song, who is the Chief Security Officer of Coinplug Inc., a prominent blockchain research and development company in Korea, Rama Iyer, Senior Vice President at T-Hub, India’ largest startup Incubator
- Won Kim, the founder of AERGO, a next generation blockchain protocol combined with an IT platform that uses advanced technologies
The event has been supported by the Seoul Metropolitan Government along with prominent sponsors like Orbs, Eleven01, Resistance, NULS and Seoul Tourism Organisation. The event has over 15 media partners including the Koreatechdesk.com. Tickets for the event and for any enquiry participants can visit the website – https://devconkorea.com.