One of the most sought after international tech-conference ‘RISE’ is all set to be held in Hong Kong this year from July 8th to 11th. The RISE Tech Conference attracts the world’s biggest companies, exciting startups, global media, influential investors and thousands of attendees for the three-day event.
South Korea is being represented this year by 14 promising startups at the RISE conference. The Korea Institute of Startup & Entrepreneurship Development (KISED) is supporting these enterprising startup teams. “Korean startups have a lot of potential to progress in the global market. We want to support the startups to attend the RISE Conference so that they can get funds and network with global companies,” said Lee Jae Hoon of KISED.
KISED was launched in 2000 as a business incubator foundation, which eventually grew into an autonomous public institute supporting entrepreneurship and startups in South Korea. The institute provides various help to entrepreneurs through means of mentoring, networking and events.
The startups pitching and presenting their product or service at the RISE Conference this July are as follows;
1) AIZEN: Is a leading startup providing AI-technology combined with expert financial knowledge to improve the banking industry business. AIZEN provides business-focused AI applications across key value chains in finance.
2) Thinkwave Inc.: Is launching a unique platform, Petmate, which is dedicated to pet healthcare program especially for the geriatric pets. It works like ‘Fitbit for Dogs’ measuring vital signs in the pet.
3) WireBarley: This FinTech runs a very popular cross-border remittance service in the Asia-Pacific region. Headquartered in South Korea, the startup has its services across the globe.
4) Blue Night Corporation: The startup’s service Albam is a revolutionizing Time Attendance/Shift/Payroll Software that helps seamlessly automate and simplify Human Resource Management.
5) GDFlab: The company has developed Artificial Intelligence technology to help in transferring and transmitting high-resolution videos and images.
6) Studio XID: Their prototyping tool for designers, Protopie has been endorsed by global giants like Google, Microsoft, Nintendo, Alibaba, etc.
7) Roborus: Is a Korean robotics startup which has integrated artificial intelligence with customer service that helps businesses of restaurant owners, café owners and shop owners, etc.
8) Nemesis Co, Ltd: Is into developing an SoC (system-on-chip) for biomedical devices with unique sensor technology to overcome its limitations.
9) Adriel: This startup headed by a woman entrepreneur, helps smalls business and startups with cost-effective yet impactful digital marketing using artificial intelligence.
10) MTEG : Medical Technology Expert Group (MTEG) has developed a cloud-based AI-powered video management system that automatically edits and annotates surgical videos.
11) LiBest: The smart wrist-band Artenix developed by LiBest can charge an Apple watch on the go with its flexible battery.
12) Bitsensing Inc.: The startup’s RADAR technology using embedded sensors works for better road safety especially for autonomous driving and aids in traffic management.
13) Welt Corp. Ltd: The company has introduced a smart belt that keeps track of the user’s health and fitness.
14) DoubleMe: The startup provides a novel hologram experience through its 3D capture system – the HoloPortal that converts 2D videos into dynamic 3D models in real-time.